Head Software Architect
Position type: Permanent
Salary package: £55,000 to £60,000 DOE (depending on experience)
Our client is an innovative company with over 20 years of experience. They are dedicated to designing, developing and providing connectivity and multimedia technology solutions. Our client has offices and research centers, located throughout the globe. We are currently recruiting for a Head Software Architect to lead and manage a team within their Cambridge branch. The ideal candidate will have be a creative professional with a strong software development background.
Ideaboxes Limited is an international recruitment and consultancy agency. It specialises in finding UK businesses experienced Chinese bilingual candidates. Ideaboxes aims to provide outstanding support for businesses and offer professional career advice for Chinese speakers based in the UK. By delivering this service, Ideaboxes can act as a bridge between distinguished employers and high-level job seekers. By recruiting the best Chinese candidates for employers, this will assist in the development of an expanding Chinese market and meet the increasing demand for Chinese speakers in the work place, worldwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Strategy planning to expand the software ecosystem.
· Technology leadership for the SoC architecture team.
· Lead the technology direction for system software requirements and design for software platform solution and SoCs.
· Use of Linux Kernel and ARM.
· End to end design of products/solutions.
· Ensure all company regulations and standards are being followed.
· Manage the team, ensure productivity and meet deadlines.
· Assist with other duties when necessary.
· 15 years or more of experience in software development on Linux platforms.
· Bs/Ms/BE in Computer Science or similar.
· Experience working with Linux Kernel or similar open source projects.
· Hands-on experience in end to end Requirement Management, Design and Architecture, as well as platform software development in server or network equipment domains.
· Design experience for solutions and products based on specific hardware.
· Contributions to Open Source Linux Kernel
· Excellent understanding of ARM and Linux Kernel architecture.
· Must be an expert in software development and architectural experience in at least one of the following areas:
- System software for ARM on Linux (/arch/arm in Linux kernel) [If strong experience in platforms like mips/ppc/x86 also can apply].
- BSP and Driver development (Linux 2.6 or later preferred).
- Virtualization (KVM, Qemu, UML (User Mode Linux) etc).
- Compilers (gcc/LLVM or similar).
- Network stack.
- Fs and distributed fs.
- Performance (Bandwidth and system performance).
- OS Hardening (Security).
- Kernel Debugging (including low level drivers/performance etc).
- Technologies like open stack, technologies in storage etc.
- Multicore – Multi processing.
- Kernel programming for any other specific subsystem/kernel features.
· Great analytical and problem solving skills.
· Innovative and creative thinking.
· The ability to lead and work in a team of technical experts.
· Excellent communication skills in English. Fluency in Chinese is a plus, however not a requirement.
· Able to work in an ever changing, multicultural environment.
Please Note: In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applicants it is only possible to contact successful candidates within 14 days.